Summertime is the perfect opportunity to get outside and explore. But it can also be a strain on a budget, so we came up with five almost free things to do before school begins in August.
- Visit the Princeton Railroad museum and learn about Princeton’s first railroad. Climb into a real caboose and see how men lived while on the job.
- Take a picnic lunch to Pinnacle Rock State Park on Route 52 and take photos of the view. Afterwards, drive into Bramwell and visit the Corner Shop and share a banana split.
- Head to the local libraries in Princeton and Bluefield and take part of a story hour. Get a schedule to check out all the activities through the year. For a few dollars, you can make a new craft or dessert!
- Attend an event like Bluefield’s lemonade festival. There are tons of free activities such as bounce houses and more!
- For just a $2 a rider, children can ride the famous Ridge Runner through Bluefield City Park. The train used to be on top of East River Mountain, but is now located in the park.
This post was last updated on August 16, 2018