Six West Virginia books to read to your children
Last updated: August 30, 2021
Looking for books to read to your children? We picked six books by West Virginia authors that spread sunshine, love and Almost Heaven magic. From the alphabet to trains, West Virginia has magical places in every page.
- M is for Mountain State: A West Virginia Alphabet by Mary Ann McCabe Riehle
- Night-Night West Virginia by Katherine Sully (Author)
- The Boy Who Loved Trains by Jill Kalz
- Shovelful of Sunshine by Stacie Vaughn Hutton and Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.
- Grandma’s Jewelry Box by Cindy Bandy O’Brien
- Four Bears in a Box by Dreama Denver
Princeton native Dreama Denver’s book Four Bears in Box is inspired by the stories Denver and her late husband Bob Denver (Gilligan’s Island) told their son, Colin.