2019 is here, and that means it’s time to start planning your year! Whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, exciting outdoor adventure or a trip packed with family fun, our new Mercer County Visitors Guide will help you plan the perfect trip. Here’s some ideas for your 2019 Mercer County bucket list.
Mercer County is a great place to relax and unwind, and we have some perfect locations for you to get cozy.
- The Bluefield Inn is located in the heart of Bluefield and is one of four properties in West Virginia on the Select Registry. This Southern style mansion treats guests to upscale amenities, including a full gourmet breakfast each morning of your stay.
- For an even more secluded getaway, try the Country Cabin Farm Retreat. This historic log cabin is set beautifully in a woodsy clearing near the Bluestone River and is the perfect place to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of modern life.
- If you’re in the area for outdoor adventure, consider a stay at Buffalo Trail Cabins, Cottages and Campground. This luxury ATV resort is close to the Hatfield-McCoy Trails, meaning it’s the perfect place to stay for ATV riders exploring the trails. Plus, there’s a full service restaurant on site! If you’re new to ATVing, or maybe your first ATV trip is your bucket list, check out Crazy Mountain Cycles to take a guided tour or rent an ATV.
Here’s a taste of what’s happening this year in Mercer County!
- In June, visit the historic millionaire’s town of Bramwell to tour the homes of former coal barons during the Bramwell Spring Tour of Homes.
- In September, Princeton’s AutumnFest brings thousands of people to Mercer Street. Make sure you get homemade apple butter before you leave!
- Also in September, Bluefield’s Oktoberfest in the Park celebrates regional craft beer and German food and heritage.
- At the end of November, the Holiday of Lights in Bluefield kicks off with sparkling displays and twinkling lights to make spirits bright all season long.
New Year, New Eateries
Treat your tastebuds to some Mercer County cuisine this year!
- A trip to The Corner Shop in Bramwell should be on everyone’s bucket list for 2019! This classic soda shop serves up tasty American classics and homemade ice cream.
- Sister’s Coffee House in Princeton will keep your mornings caffeinated all year long. Make sure to try one of their special baked goods, too!
- Geminelli’s Bistro is new to the dining scene in Mercer County and serves up authentic Italian dishes, along with amazing desserts and espresso coffee drinks. Dine on delicious pasta, or relax with a delicious cappuccino or latte.
- 2018 also brought us Mercer County’s first brewery, Sophisticated Hound Brewing Company! Swing by their taproom in Princeton for a pint of locally crafted beer and a yummy sandwich.
So what are you waiting for? Get your free 2019 Visitors Guide and start checking things off your bucket list! And stay tuned – in 2019, we’ll have even more itineraries to help you plan a fun-filled trip to Mercer County!
This post was last updated on January 11, 2019